I finally hit MINUS 41 POUNDS!!
Er, I've been flirting with the forty pound mark (both sides) for months now, and tell you what, I'm sick and tired of it!
When I went to WW today, my leader asked me whether or not I had a weight goal set. And my comment was that I did and these last six pounds were the worst! Two of the life timers within my range of vision were nodding their heads. Good to know that I'm not alone in this.
I listed off the factors that I think contributed to this:
1) I used to weigh around this weight range for years
2) my body is stabilizing
3) Though I'm exercising, I've probably converted all the fat I can at this current pace of calorie burning
4) I've become lazy with tracking
5) I've stopped weighing and measuring
So what needs to happen?
I need to shake things up--yes, we've already had this conversation, but obviously I wasn't paying attention at the time.
There are a few things that play to my advantage:
1) Ash Wednesday is next week; the start of the Lenten season, in which, I'm giving up alcohol (wine and Bailey's mainly) and sugar (candy and desserts). Forty days to buckle down and focus.
2) Spring is coming. I'll be out doing more yard work and spending more time outside instead of inside trolling for food
3) It is warmer and it's staying lighter longer. And I'm taking advantage of this by adding a second walk during the day.
My goal is to reach 130 pounds by Feb. 29th, then I'll have six weeks of maintenance to do during Lent. With diligence, I should make lifetime by May/June.
Does this mean the weight challenge is over?
Oh, no--It just means I've won the first battle, the war will continue my entire life.